AirPods have become an incredibly popular wireless earbud option, especially for iPhone users. However, one common complaint is the notifications that AirPods trigger, interrupting you unexpectedly. If you want to stop AirPods notifications on your iPhone, iPad, Mac, or Apple TV, there are a few simple settings you can adjust. In this guide, I’ll explain the steps to turn off AirPods notifications so you can use your earbuds without disruptions.
The easiest way to disable AirPods notifications is directly on your iPhone or iPad. Here’s how to turn them off:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Select the Notifications option to access notification settings.
- Scroll down and tap on Announce Notifications.
- Toggle the switch off to disable announcements and notifications.
- You can also turn off notifications for individual apps at the bottom of the Announce Notifications screen.
By toggling the main switch for Announce Notifications, you’ll stop hearing alerts and messages from your AirPods. This prevents unwanted interruptions while keeping your earbuds connected. You can also customize notifications on a per-app basis if you only want to disable notifications from certain apps.
If you’re using AirPods with your Mac, you’ll also want to adjust the notification settings:
- Go to System Preferences on your Mac.
- Click on the Bluetooth option.
- With your AirPods connected, choose Options.
- Under Connect to This Mac, select When Last Connected to This Mac.
- This will stop automatic connections that trigger notifications.
On a Mac, adjusting the Bluetooth connection settings for your AirPods prevents them from automatically connecting when in close proximity. This stops AirPods notifications since your earbuds won’t connect and trigger announcements without you manually selecting them.
On Apple TV
You can also disable AirPods notifications on an Apple TV:
- Put in your AirPods and connect them to your Apple TV.
- Go to the Settings menu on your Apple TV.
- Select Remotes and Devices, then choose Bluetooth.
- Locate and turn off the Suggest Nearby AirPods feature.
- This prevents unexpected notifications when connecting.
The Suggest Nearby AirPods feature allows your earbuds to automatically connect to an Apple TV, which can activate notifications. Turning this off in the Bluetooth settings of your Apple TV ensures your AirPods won’t connect without your consent, stopping unwanted notifications.
How to Turn Off the AirPods Left Behind Notification?
A common notification AirPods users want to disable is the “Left Behind” alert that triggers when you accidentally leave your earbuds behind. Here’s how to turn this notification off:
- Open the Find My app on your iPhone.
- Select your AirPods from the devices list.
- Swipe up on the AirPods info panel.
- Tap on Notify When Left Behind to open notification settings.
- Toggle the switch off to disable left behind notifications.
- Click Done to save the changes.
Using the Find My app is the best way to manage the Left Behind notification specifically. Simply toggling the switch to off in the Notify When Left Behind settings will ensure you don’t get alerts when accidentally forgetting your AirPods in a location.
Getting unwanted and unexpected notifications from your AirPods can be frustrating. Luckily, with a few simple settings changes, you can take control and turn off AirPods notifications on iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple TV, and for specific alerts. Adjust your notification settings to prevent disruptions and enjoy your AirPods without constant announcements. Just locate the appropriate section for your device and toggle off notifications to stop hearing messages from your earbuds unless you want them.