In this day and age, music streaming services have become an essential part of our lives. With unlimited access to millions of songs, playlists, albums, artists and much more, Spotify has established itself as one of the most popular music streaming platforms out there.
While Spotify’s free version offers great features, upgrading to Spotify Premium unlocks even more benefits that enhance your overall listening experience. If you’re looking to upgrade your Spotify account, this comprehensive guide will walk you through the entire process and provide tips to help you get set up with Spotify Premium.
- Choose Your Spotify Premium Plan
- Set Up Your Premium Payment Method
- Get Spotify Premium for Free
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Troubleshooting Tips
- Rules About Reusing Emails for New Accounts
Choose Your Spotify Premium Plan
The first step is selecting the right Spotify Premium plan for your needs and budget. Here are the options:
The Individual plan allows one account holder to stream Spotify ad-free. It offers unlimited skips, downloads for offline listening, and high quality audio. At $9.99/month, this plan is best for solo listeners.
For $12.99/month, the Duo plan extends Premium features to two account holders living at the same address. Duo allows couple and roommate sharing.
Up to six account holders can share one Family plan for $15.99/month. Family is designed for households with different music tastes.
Verified students in university get Spotify Premium for just $4.99/month. This discounted rate makes streaming accessible for students.
To view these Spotify Premium plans:
- Go to the Spotify Premium subscription page. Make sure you are logged into your free Spotify account in the web browser.
- Navigate to the page showing all the Premium subscription options.
- Click the “View All Premium Plans” button to see the full list.
- Review each plan – Individual, Duo, Family, Student – and select the one that best fits your needs and budget.
- Click the “Get Premium [Plan Name]” button to start the purchase process for your chosen plan.
Set Up Your Premium Payment Method
After selecting a Spotify Premium plan, you will need to set up a payment method to pay the monthly subscription cost. Here are the steps:
- If signing up for the first time, fill in your credentials – name, email, password – to create your Spotify account. Existing users can simply log in.
- Choose your payment method – either credit/debit card or PayPal.
- For credit/debit card payments, enter your card details including card number, expiry date, and CVV security code.
- For PayPal, log into your PayPal account and confirm the payment amount to give permission.
- Double check that all your payment details are correct before submitting to avoid errors.
- Once submitted, the first payment will be processed so you can start enjoying ad-free music and all the other Premium perks immediately.
Get Spotify Premium for Free
Beyond paid subscriptions, there are also a few ways to get Spotify Premium free through promotional partnerships and deals:
New PayPal users can get 3 months of Spotify Premium for free. This offer must be claimed within 30 days of PayPal account creation.
AT&T customers with the Unlimited &More wireless plan are eligible for 6 months of Spotify Premium at no extra cost.
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate
Those with an active Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription, which already includes EA Play and Xbox Live Gold, can get 6 months of Spotify Premium as part of the package.
Be sure to check the specific terms and eligibility requirements to confirm you qualify for these free Spotify Premium deals. Taking advantage of them is a great way to test out Premium risk-free.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are answers to some common questions about upgrading to Spotify Premium:
Can I use the same email for a new Spotify account?
To prevent duplicate accounts, Spotify enforces a 14-30 day lock out period before the same email can be reused for a new account. You’ll have to wait 14-30 days after deleting your previous account to sign up again with the same email.
What should I do if Spotify Premium is not showing up?
Try logging out and logging back into Spotify. Also check your payment status to confirm the transaction went through successfully. Make sure to update to the latest version of the Spotify app. If issues persist, contact Spotify customer support for assistance.
Why am I not eligible for the free trial?
If you have used a Spotify Premium or free trial previously, you are no longer eligible for another trial. Free trials are only for users signing up for Premium for the very first time.
If you are having issues getting your Spotify Premium upgrade to work properly, here are some troubleshooting steps:
- Log out of Spotify completely, then log back in. This can resolve account issues.
- Check your payment status and confirm the transaction completed successfully. Spotify Premium won’t work until valid payment is received.
- Make sure you have updated to the latest version of the Spotify app. Old versions may not recognize your Premium status.
- If problems continue, reach out to Spotify customer support or your payment provider for further assistance. They can look into issues and resolve them.
Rules About Reusing Emails for New Accounts
To discourage duplicate accounts, Spotify has imposed the following rules regarding email reuse:
- There is a 14-30 day lock out period before you can reuse the same email to create a new Spotify account.
- This means you have to wait 14-30 days after deleting your previous Spotify account to sign up for a new one with the same email.
- The email lock out policy prevents people from constantly creating multiple accounts with the same email address.
- It stops abuse of services intended for one account per person like free trials and promotions.
In summary, be sure to follow Spotify’s email reuse rules if signing up again to avoid any issues accessing Premium benefits. Waiting the 14-30 day period will ensure your new account with the same email activates properly.
Upgrading to Spotify Premium allows you to enjoy ad-free listening, offline downloads, unlimited skips, high quality audio and much more. This guide walked through the entire upgrade process step-by-step including choosing a plan, setting up payments, and troubleshooting advice.
Take advantage of free trial offers, bundle deals, and student discounts to get Premium at the best value. Follow Spotify’s email reuse policies between accounts. With these tips, you’ll be set up with a Spotify Premium subscription to start streaming seamlessly. Enjoy the enhanced features as you listen to endless music playlists tailored just for you.